Outreach Coordinator-Bilingual (Mankato,MN)
Open Door Health Center is seeking a full-time Outreach Coordinator to work under the supervision of the Marketing and Development Director (MDD) and in collaboration with key staff to project the ODHC brand with both internal and external constituents. This candidate will work with the Marketing and Development Team to help create and carryout outrach strategies. The Outreach Coordinator utilizes advertising, social media, web presence, media relations, community involvement, events, promotion, and other communications vehicles and media channels to increase ODHC visibility and build awareness in the communities we serve.
- Serves as a liaison between patient/clients and area organizations who provide social services support.
- Be a continuous local presence where patients and clients may connect to and seek assistance and/or information pertaining to services in the area, while representing ODHC.
- Have knowledge about other community services and programs that our patients and clients may benefit from, and work to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with these agencies.
- Stay abreast of new services and programs as they develop.
- Stay abreast of community events and activities and actively represent ODHC in a proactive way.
- Work on potential event and activity collaboration to meet the patient communication needs and opportunities.
- Provide support in order to improve health outcomes of individuals and reduce the system cost for health care by linking them to community resources.
- Connect with local agencies and programs about opportunities to advertise our services.
- Develop and maintain relationship with community agencies, government agencies, and other community businesses and as a representative of ODHC.
- Provide health education based on pre-established guidelines, promoting ODHC services available.
- Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organization, and businesses to build program awareness.
- Oversight/Manage volunteers, interns and VISTA students.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
- Minimum of a BA/BS in a community health, community service or related degree, or work expereince that is equivalent to this degree.
- Minimum of two years experience working with diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written commumnication skills with strong presentation/public speaking skills.
- Knowledgeable of community organizations and working with a diverse population of people.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonable skills and ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- proven proficiency in Microsoft Office products, social media sites and applications.
- Strategic, ccreative thinker and an outstanding problem solver.
- Supervision and training experience a plus.
- Bi-lingual skills are a must.