Development Coordinator/Grant Writer (Mankato, MN)
Open Door Health Center (ODHC) of Mankato, Minnesota is seeking a Development Coordinator for a fulltime, exempt position.
The Development Coordinator (DC) will assist in planning/coordination of development, fundraising and outreach activities and manage the grant application process for Open Door Health Center and its programs: researching opportunities, writing grant applications, and reporting grant program progress to granting organizations.
- Preparing and writing grant applications within the format and deadlines of the granting bodies.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, and gathering relevant data for grant submission.
- Full-filling grant reporting obligations per the format and timeline of granting organizations.
- Assist in the coordination of development campaigns, including: identifying potential donors, sustaining and growing the current donor base, and creating communications to donors and prospective organizations.
- Assisting in the development of annual and long-term strategic plans to meet ODHC’s fundraising and marketing goals and sustain its growth.
- Implementing and coordinating strategies for soliciting foundation and corporate grants.
- Minimum of a BA/BS in English, communications, or related degree, or work experience that is equivalent to this degree.
- A minimum of five years of experience in grant writing, grant reporting, and non-profit development.
- Experienced writer with excellent editing skills.
- Proven track record of successful grants management and fundraising.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office products, social media sites, and donor database.
- Bi-lingual skills are a plus.