Dentist (Mankato, MN)
Open Door Health Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), exists to increase access to quality, affordable, culturally appropriate, patient centered health care and to maximize the overall well-being or our patients. Our clinic provides expert care that is culturally sensitive to our diverse community. Our workplace is characterized by our passion for excellence, compassion for our patients, and commitment to our work.
We are a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program approved location.
Dentist-Fulltime or Part-time
Open Door Health Center has an opening for fulltime or part-time Dentists at our Mankato, MN location and our future Cottonwood, MN location.
• Provide direct dental care to patients using established dental procedures and techniques as outlined by the ADA.
• Assess dental condition and needs of patients. Use patient screening procedures to include medical history review, x-rays and dental and perio charting.
• Develop and implement individualized dental care plans.
• Provide dental education to patients in a clear and easily understood manner to ensure patients understand the recommended treatment plan and include the patient in the discussion.
• Institute emergency measures for sudden or adverse developments during treatment of patients.
• Maintain a level of productivity that ensures achievement of fiscal goals as set by the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Qualifications:
• Board certified, MN licensed dentist with current DEA license.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of underserved populations.
• Ability to solve problems effectively, creatively and decisiveness in decision making.
• Ability to develop, lead and facilitate teams to achieve the goals of the department.
• Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
• Bilingual language skills and are a plus.