Dental Support Specialist (Mankato, MN)
Open Door Health Center is seeking a fulltime Dental Support Specialist who works under the supervision of the Dental Services Manager and works with the Dental Team and Providers to ensure all phases of the patient/client encounter are handled respectfully, confidentially, accurate, and timely. In addition, this position supports the administrative needs of the Dental Team.
• Obtain, verify, and update all demographic patient information in the patient chart and document in scheduling software as appropriate.
o Determine patient/client eligibility for the Open Door Health Center (ODHC) sliding fee discount program.
o Responding to patient’s/clients financial needs by determining appropriate referrals – both internal and external – for Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) and other relevant community services.
o Work with patients to complete appropriate forms related to their appointments.
o Ensure departing patients have appropriate information, i.e. appointment cards, etc.
o Schedule patient appointments including canceling and rescheduling appointments.
o Confirm upcoming appointments according to the department appointment confirmation procedure.
• Educate patients to the financial process and options for the cost of their services
• Postsecondary education with a minimum of two years’ work experience in a community service or behavioral health organization.
• Experience working with a diverse population of people.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
• Knowledge of financial assistance/insurance programs a plus.
• Bi-lingual skills a plus.