Dental Services Manager (Jordan, MN)
Open Door Health Center, a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, is seeking a qualified, experienced candidate for a full-time Dental Services Manager position for our Jordan, MN office. The Dental Services Manager (DSM) plans, directs, coordinates, schedules, and monitors the operational and personnel activities of the Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Support Services staff and Interpreters to ensure the provision of quality patient care. Our clinic provides expert care that is culturally sensitive to our diverse community. Our workplace is characterized by our passion for excellence, compassion for our patients, and commitment to our work.
• Provide for day-to-day operations of the Jordan Dental Clinic.
• Assess or assign the triage of patients who either call or walk in for appropriateness for treatment.
• Oversee and manage patient financial arrangements and explanations of financial programs and policies as necessary. Ensure verification of patient insurance coverage.
• Monitor and manage patient waiting lists, electronic patient and provider scheduling system.
• Coordinate and lead staff meetings, team building activities and ensure open communication.
• Work with Compliance Manager on Dental Clinic policy and procedure manuals.
• Work with Human Resources for recruiting, onboarding and training of staff.
• Ensure adequate supplies are in stock for the clinic as a whole.
• Ensure clinical equipment compliance records are up to date.
• Work to resolve patient related issues, bringing in other leadership as needed.
• Work collaboratively with leadership to design and implement programs and services to meet identified populations needs.
• Work closely with billing staff to assure timely and accurate submission of claims and prior authorization requests, including coding of services.
• A minimum of a 2 year degree, preferably a BS/BA, in a health related field or work experience that is equivalent to this degree.
• Three to five years of experience in a dental care or health care setting where he/she has demonstrated the ability to manage or supervise a team, and manage dental operations and patient relationships.
• If a licensed professional, a diploma/degree in dental field and holds a current registration/license.
• Experience working with a diverse population of people.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Training experience a plus.
• Bi-lingual skills are a plus.