Dental Hygienist (Mankato,MN)
Open Door Health Center, a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, is seeking a qualified, experienced candidate for a full-time position. Our clinic provides expert care that is culturally sensitive to our diverse community. Our workplace is characterized by our passion for excellence, compassion for our patients, and commitment to our work.
• Deliver direct care to patients according to established dental hygienist procedure.
• Perform routine treatment procedures such as prophylaxis, x-rays, application of sealants and fluorides, etc.
• Assess dental condition and needs of patients, using screening procedures to include medical history review, x-rays, dental and perio charting.
• Provide perio therapy treatment as needed.
• Administer local anesthetic or nitrous oxide sedation as needed.
• Inform patients of and explain dental procedures being performed.
• Conduct dental charting and ensure patient information is entered timely and correctly into the patient’s electronic record in Dentrix.
• Develop and implement individualized dental care plans.
• Perform patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of staff dentists.
• Assist in preparation of patient care areas and in the patient admission, transfer and discharge process as required.
• Diploma/degree in Dental Hygiene and holds a current registration/license in Minnesota as a dental hygienist.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
• Bi-lingual skills are a plus.