Dental Billing Specialist (Mankato, MN)
Open Door Health Center has an opening for a fulltime Dental Billing Specialist. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, with some flexibility.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring accurate dental coding
- Creating and submitting claims to insurance companies
- Billing of patients’ accounts receivable in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist patients with financial concerns related to insurance and billing
- Keep updated and maintain working knowledge of dental coding and apply knowledge to ensure charges are appropriate for services rendered
- Review update to coding rules/guidelines; educate staff as appropriate and in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate sliding fee discounts are applied to patient account balances before billing the patient and/or mailing billing statements
- Handle returned statements; flag incorrect patient mailing addresses in the practice management software and in patient charts
- Formal education beyond high school.
- Experience related to dental coding and billing.
- Knowledge of dental terms, insurance, EHR and Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems effectively.
- Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
- Accounting experience is a plus.
- Bilingual language skills and are a plus.