Dental Assistant (Mankato, MN)
Dental Assistant – Fulltime Open Door Health Center, a Federally Qualified Community Health Center, is seeking a qualified, experienced candidate for a full-time position. The Dental Assistant is responsible for providing chair-side dental assistance for the provider to ODHC patients in a professional and patient-focused manner, using established dental procedures and techniques. Additionally, he/she provides dental education and works in a team environment in an effective and efficient manner to ensure optimum patient centered care.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
• Assist the dental provider and/or dental hygiene is chair-side in providing dental treatment.
• Anticipate needs for dental procedures; prepare dental materials and handle instrument transfers.
• Seat patients and do preliminary evaluation of their health history and any chief complaints; report all findings to the dental provider/hygienist in a professional manner.
• Inform patients of and explain dental procedures being performed.
• Conduct dental charting and ensure patient information is entered timely and correctly into the patient’s electronic record in Dentrix.
• Provide patient education relative to proper dental hygiene and care.
• Perform dental laboratory procedures following department and OSHA protocols with regards to safety and infection control.
• Set up and clean rooms before and after each patient/procedure using standard processes.
• Prepare and maintain dental instruments, supplies and equipment and assist with instrument cleaning, sterilization/disinfection and recirculation as required.
• Diploma/degree in Dental Assisting and holds a current registration/license in Minnesota.
• Experience working with a diverse population of people.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Confidence, professional judgement and grace under pressure.
• Bi-lingual skills are a plus.