About Open Door Health Center
About Open Door Health Center
Mankato appointment Line: 507.388.2120
Nurse's Line: Extension 5629
Fax Number: 507.388.3924
For other clinic addresses and directions, click here.
We are a 501(c)(3) designated, nonprofit, federally qualified community health center (FQHC)
ODHC has been serving the area since 1983. We started out as a volunteer-run clinic and today have over 120 staff members who provide medical, dental and behavioral health care to people from across southern Minnesota and neighboring states. To learn more about what community health centers do, click to watch this video.
The Open Door Difference
We take health care a step further by recognizing each patient as a whole person with unique needs. Our team-based approach offers coordinated care to anyone who might need additional assistance managing their health or connecting to resources in the community, such as specialty care, food resources, housing, legal services, and more.
We provide the following:
- Quality and affordable care to our patients
- Medical and dental preventative and comprehensive care
- Behavioral health services (Mankato location only)
- Coordinated care – incorporating seamless care between all departments as needed
- Personal care – we recognize that visiting the doctor or dentist can be overwhelming – we take the time to learn more about you and help you with the best solutions for better health care
- Enabling services to help patients – translation, patient services representatives to help with paperwork
- Free assistance with health insurance enrollment through the MNsure marketplace. This service is available to anyone in the community, and not just our patients.
- Medication Assistance – eligibility and paperwork
We do this weekdays during the day
We help all people – regardless of ethnicity, age, gender, income or any other factors
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center or Community Health Center – we are designated by the government to provide services to all people and receive funding, but also have strict regulations to operate by that are unique to FQHC’s
We are not a free clinic, or a poor people’s clinic – most people know someone who has come here.
Advancing access to quality, affordable, culturally appropriate health care through patient-centered, collaborative medical, dental and behavioral health services for all people across southern Minnesota
Since its beginning as a volunteer clinic in 1983, Open Door Health Center has striven to meet the health care needs of the community. Our friendly staff is dedicated to providing top quality and culturally sensitive health care.
Open Door Health Center is a non-profit organization that provides affordable health care on a sliding-fee scale to uninsured and under-insured people in southern Minnesota. We provide medical, dental, medication assistance, behavioral health services, community health services, as well as comprehensive lab services. Interpreter services are available for non-English speaking patients.
Open Door Health Center's clinic in Mankato primarily serves 12 counties in southern Minnesota comprising of Brown, Blue Earth, Faribault, Rice, Freeborn, Le Sueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Steele, Waseca and Watonwan counties.
Open Door's Mobile Medical and Mobile Dental clinics rolled out in March 2012. We currently provide service in four southern Minnesota towns: Austin, Gaylord, Marshall and Worthington. These clinics are open to anyone and will see patients from multiple counties surrounding the service locations. For more history, click here.
In 2016, Dr. Patel donated two dental clinics to the organization, one in Clarkfield and the other in Cottonwood. The Cottonwood location is undergoing renovations and a dentist is being sought to practice at this location prior to the clinic opening for services.
Family practice medical services have been increased in Marshall, where ODHC has partnered with Western Mental Health Center to provide integrated care through family practice medical services.
ODHC's dental practice in Jordan opened in September, 2017 and is serving patients Monday through Thursday.
Please feel free to print or share our brochures. If you would like brochures sent to your organization or more information on our programs, click here and let us know the quantity needed and/or questions you may have.
- Main Site Clinic (Mankato) and Mobile Health Services
- Enrollment Brochure (Insurance and Health Plan Services)
- Family Practice Medical in Marshall
- Dental Services in Clarkfield
- Dental Services in Jordan
- LAW at Open Door (free legal services for ODHC patients)